Report April 2010
The April Report highlights a brief by Institute scholars that finds that social sector investment generates more jobs than infrastructure spending or investing in green energy. The issue also includes a summary of our latest Strategic Analysis, which concerns the various policy actions required to emerge from the current recession.
NEW PUBLIC POLICY BRIEF
- Why President Obama Should Care about “Care”: An Effective and Equitable Investment Strategy for Job Creation
NEW STRATEGIC ANALYSIS
- Getting Out of the Recession?
NEW PUBLIC POLICY BRIEFS
- No Going Back: Why We Cannot Resolve Glass-Steagall’s Segregation of Banking and Finance
- The Trouble with Pensions: Toward an Alternative Public Policy to Support Retirement
- Toward True Health Care Reform: More Care, Less Insurance
NEW POLICY NOTE
- Observations on the Problem of “Too Big to Fail/Save/Resolve”
NEW WORKING PAPERS
- The Euro and Its Guardian of Stability: The Fiction and Reality of the 10th Anniversary Blast
- The Global Crisis and the Future of the Dollar: Toward Bretton Woods III?
- Is Reregulation of the Financial System an Oxymoron?
- Is This the Minsky Moment for Reform of Financial Regulation?
- The Global Financial Crisis and the Shift to Shadow Banking
- Decomposition of the Black-White Wage Differential in the Physician Market
- Recent Trends in Household Wealth in the United States: Rising Debt and the Middle-Class Squeeze—An Update to 2007
- The 19th Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference on the State of the US and World Economies, April 14–16, 2010
- The Hyman P. Minsky Summer Seminar, June 19–29, 2010
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Publications and Presentations by Levy Institute Scholars
- Recent Levy Institute Publications