Report April 2011
This issue leads off with a public policy brief by Scott Fullwiler and Senior Scholar L. Randall Wray about reining in the Federal Reserve. In addition, it includes a policy note by Research Associate Marshall Auerback about the impact of Germany exiting the eurozone and 17 working papers by Levy Institute scholars and associates, as well as other authors.
NEW PUBLIC POLICY BRIEFS
- It’s Time to Rein In the Fed
NEW POLICY NOTES
- What Happens if Germany Exits the Euro?
NEW WORKING PAPERS
- Quality of Match for Statistical Matches Used in the 1999 and 2005 LIMEW Estimates for Canada
- International Trade Theory and Policy: A Review of the Literature
- Bernanke’s Paradox: Can He Reconcile His Position on the Federal Budget with His Recent Charge to Prevent Deflation?
- Financial Stability, Regulatory Buffers, and Economic Growth: Some Postrecession Regulatory Implications
- Exports, Capabilities, and Industrial Policy in India
- US “Quantitative Easing” Is Fracturing the Global Economy
- The Central Bank “Printing Press”: Boon or Bane? Remedies for High Unemployment and Fears of Fiscal Crisis
- Disaggregating the Resource Curse: Is the Curse More Difficult to Dispel in Oil States than in Mineral States?
- China in the Global Economy
- Modeling Technological Progress and Investment in China: Some Caveats
- How Rich Countries Became Rich and Why Poor Countries Remain Poor: It’s the Economic Structure . . . Duh!
- Quantitative Easing and Proposals for Reform of Monetary Policy Operations
- A Demographic Base for Ethnic Survival? Blending across Four Generations of German-Americans
- Views of European Races among the Research Staff of the US Immigration Commission and the Census Bureau, ca. 1910
- Fiscal Policy Effectiveness: Lessons from the Great Recession
- Fiscal Policy: Why Aggregate Demand Management Fails and What to Do about It
- Unit Labor Costs in the Eurozone: The Competitiveness Debate Again
- Upcoming Event: 20th Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference, April 13–15, 2011
- Upcoming Event: The Wynne Godley Memorial Conference, May 25–26, 2011
- Upcoming Event: The Hyman P. Minsky Summer Seminar, June 18–26, 2011
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Publications and Presentations by Levy Institute Scholars
- Recent Levy Institute Publications