Report January 2005
The Levy Institute's October 2004 conference on the distributional effects of government spending and taxation addressed topics ranging from the social benefits of various types of economic development to the economic fortunes of future retirees, and included keynote speaker David Cay Johnston's stinging indictment of the distributional properties of the American tax system. A synopsis of the conference proceedings is included in this issue of the Report.
- The Distributional Effects of Government Spending and Taxation
- Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being: How Much Does Wealth Matter for
Well-Being? Alternative Measures of Income from Wealth
NEW PUBLIC POLICY BRIEF
- The Case for Rate Hikes: Did the Fed Prematurely Raise Rates?
LEVY INSTITUTE NEWS
- New Appointments
- Rebitzer Wins Award
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Publications and Presentations by Levy Institute Scholars
- Recent Levy Institute Publications