Report July 2005
The July Report leads off with a summary of the Levy Institute's Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference, which this year examined the fiscal and monetary policies required for sustainable growth.
- 15th Annual Hyman P. Minsky Conference on the State of the US and World Economies;
- Economic Imbalance: Fiscal and Monetary Policy for Sustainable Growth.
New Policy Notes:
- Is the Dollar at Risk?;
- Imbalances Looking for a Policy.
New Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being Report:
- Economic Well-Being in US Regions and the Red and Blue States.
New Working Papers:
- Asset Ownership along Gender Lines: Evidence from Thailand;
- FDIC-Sponsored Self-Insured Depositors: Using Insurance to Gain Market Discipline and Lower the Cost of Bank Funding;
- Is the Equalizing Effect of Retirement Wealth Wearing Off?;
- A Simplified Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model;
- The Disutility of International Debt: Analytical Results and Methodological Implications;
- Is More Mobility Good? Firm Mobility and the Low Wage–Low Productivity Trap.
Levy Institute News:
- New Program Codirector and Senior Scholar;
- Upcoming Events:
- Unpaid Work and the Economy: Gender, Poverty, and the Millennium Development Goals,
- Time Use and Economic Well-Being;
- Recent Levy Institute Publications.